April 22nd; Online Clearance for the 2019-2020 school year is available for Cheer and Football.
May 6th: Online clearance is OPEN for all other sports; however, Fall Sports will be given priority and processed first. You may select as many sports as you are planning on trying out for during the 2019-2020 school year.
JUNE 6th : Sport Physicals will be offered at LCC ($35 athletic fundraiser) Estimated timeframe between 3-6pm. Open to all incoming freshmen and current LCC students. You can submit all paperwork for clearance for Fall and make this a one stop shop to be eligible in the fall. See #8 for the forms that are required. NOTE: Sports physicals must be renewed annually
June 14th: Complete the Online clearance process and submit the required paperwork to the Athletics Office if trying out for a Fall Sport.
Please note: The athletic office is closed the month of JULY
HOW TO COMPLETE ATHLETIC CLEARANCE - Opens April 22nd
1. Visit www.AthleticClearance.com
2. Watch quick tutorial video and Register. Parents register with valid email username and password. You will be asked to type in a code to verify you are human.
3. Log in.
4. Select “New Clearance” to start the process.
5. Choose the School Year in which the student plans to participate ( 2019-2020). Choose the School - La Costa Canyon High School. Choose the Sport(s) your student will be trying out for. If your student is interested in multiple sports, please be sure to choose ALL the sports they may want to try out for. It makes the clearance process easy for the rest of the year.
6. Complete all required fields for the Student information, Educational History, Medical History and Signature forms. (Please note: parent and student have separate signature lines. You must sign one at a time)
7. Once your reach the CONFIRMATION MESSAGE you have completed the process. Please submit to the athletic office a current copy of the medical insurance card, and a completed sports physical form to be completely cleared for try-outs.
8. All of this data will be electronically filed with the athletic department for review. When the online registration has been completed and the student has submitted the required paperwork, an email notification will be sent to the registered email user account indicating that the student has been cleared for participation in the try-out process.
9. Please direct any questions to Char Grogan, Athletic Secretary:
Charlin.Grogan@sduhsd.net 760-436-6136 x6002